Princeton Public Utilities (PPU) has been notified that the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has determined that the state is now in the drought warning phase. We thought that this would be a good time to remind everyone of the City of Princeton’s Lawn Watering Limitations Ordinance (City Ordinance 940.03).
Important points to remember include:
- Limiting lawn sprinkling to before 11am or after 5pm.
- Limiting lawn sprinkling to an even/odd rotation. In other words, properties with an odd house number can sprinkle on odd days. Properties with an even house number can sprinkle on even days.
There are exceptions for those uses where:
- Water is used from a hose that a person holds by hand.
- Property owners can apply for a permit for special situations such as the watering of new sod.
- Water is drawn from sources other than Princeton Public Utilities.
Violations may result in warnings and/or fines.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Give us a call at the office should you have any questions. Our phone number is 763-389-2252.
Your Friends at Princeton Public Utilities