The Village of Princeton, Mille Lacs County, created the Water, Light, Power and Building Commission, thus the Municipal Water and Electric Commission was created.
Electrical Generation Plant Built
The Municipal Light, Heat & Power Plant was built on first street. Three Faibanks Morse generators installed. Two 3-cylinder generators and a 4-cylinder generator.
The generation plant receives an addition, a 7-cylinder Fairbanks Morse generator.
An 8-cylinder 1,000 KW Superior generator is added.
Another addition to the generation plant is built, a workshop and two engine bays are added, and a 12-cylinder Enterprise generator is installed, producing 2750 KW.
The Fairbanks Morse 7-cylinder generator is removed. A straight 8-cylinder 1200 KW Enterprise is installed in 1967.
The 4-cylinder Fairbanks Morse is replaced by a Fairbanks Morse OP 12-cylinder 2400 KW.
PPUC joins SMMPA
The Princeton Public Utilities Commission joins the Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency, a municipal corporation created by its members as a joint-action agency in 1977.
Water Treatment Facility Built
The first of two water treatment facilites owned and operated by the Utility is built, with a pumping capacity of 1,000,000 gallons per day.
A 16-cylinder Caterpillar 4840 KW generator fills the last empy bay. At the same time the two original 3-cylinder 150 KW Fairbanks Morse generators are taken out of service.
Final Addition to Building
Added new 5 kV and a 15 kV switch gear to the power plant and added modern office space with five work stations. The generation plant's five current engines serve as peaking/emergency generation and have a 12,190 kW capacity which is adequate to meet the electrical demands of the utility service area.
A second water treatment facility is built, with the pumping capacity of 2,000,000 gallons per day.
The water storage tower in the southern section of Princeton is refurbished during the summer.